About Keith

Keith Brawner currently works in the simulation industry for the DoD, before, during, and after getting a Masters in Intelligent Systems. Sadly, he is not yet a Doctor.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Founding Post, Mission Statements, and answers to basic questions

"If a man were to commit himself to bettering himself in his profession 1 hour per day, he would be a leading expert in his field within 2 years" - Unknown

The above quote was shared to me during a training class that I took quite some time ago, but I believe that it still holds true today.  So, let's get down to business and do what business people do: Make Mission Statements.

Why am I creating this blog?
To document the research that I am reading and make it more accessible to the public, for their benefit, in a timely manner.

Also, apparently when I don't have any homework, I assign myself some.

How often do I intend to update it?
Weekly.

That's an awful lot of updating, what are you going to talk about?
I am going to review research papers of my interests (AI, AI in Ed, AI in Signal Processing/Control, etc.).

Who the hell is going to read that?
Anyone who wants a quick summary on the absolute-latest-state-of-the-art, without necessarily wanting to get an advanced degree.

What about other things you are interested in, like Caving, Personal Finance, RPGs, or Travel?
They will either get another blog, or I'll do what I've always done: not post information on the Internet about them.

Do I have a PhD?
No, and I have currently stopped at my MS.  If I continue down my current path, however, I will have one before the end of 2013, but I've not started.

If you don't have a PhD, why did you call it Dr. Brawner's Research Blog?
Because it sounded catchy, brawner.blogspot.com and brawnerblog.blogspot.com were taken, and as a tip-of-the-hat to Joss Whedon.

No comments:

Post a Comment